Here are 7 things to keep in mind after getting tattooed:
1. It takes approximately 3-4 weeks for the tattoo to fully heal.
2. Do not touch the bandage for at least 2 hours after getting tattooed.
-This is to prevent airborne bacteria from entering the wound. If the bandage is removed to early the tattoo may become infected and damaged.
3. After removing the bandage, clean the tattoo.
-Use clean hands only!
-Carefully use body-tempered water and antibacterial soap to clean the entire tattoo.
-We recommend to let the tattoo dry by itself. If that is not possible, use a clean towel or papertowel and lightly tap until the tattoo is clean. DO NOT WIPE OR RUB THE TATTOO, it may damage it.
4. Take a shower instead of taking a bath!
-You can and should shower with your tattoo, just do not get it soaking wet. Quick showers are recommended.
-Only use antibacterial soap when cleaning the tattoo until it is fully healed. If you get any other soap or shampoo on the tattoo make sure to wash it off.
-Do not take a bath for at least 2-3 weeks after getting tattooed, it will damage the tattoo.
5. How to take care of the tattoo until it’s fully healed:
-Do not apply lotion immediately after receiving the tattoo, wait 1-2 days so the tattoo can dry before applying a thin layer of lotion, so thin its barely visible. Apply only when the crust begins to harden.
-Let the crust fall of by itself, do not peel it of.
-Do not touch or scratch the tattoo, if it itches, lightly tapping it may help.
6. Do not workout for at least 1-2 weeks.
-Do not workout or do things that raise your pulse or body temperature too much. Bacteria love heat and will thrive in the wound which may cause infection and ruin the tattoo.
7. Protect your tattoo from the sun.
- After the tattoo is healed we strongly recommend you to protect your tattoo from the sun as it takes damage from the suns UV light.
-Use sunscreen with at least 30 SPF on the tattoo if it will be exposed to sunlight for a longer time.
Follow the instructions above in order to reduce the infection risk and potential damage to your tattoo so you have something to be proud of for years to come!
By using our website you accept that we are using cookies to give you the best user experience.